When looking for log splitters for sale in Australia, there are some things that you should take into consideration before your purchase. How often do you plan on using it? Where do you plan on keeping it? And how much do you want to spend? On top of these questions are some handy tips for buying log splitters Australia wide.
- When looking for a splitter, you will hear the term ‘cycle time’ used. This is the length of time that the shaft takes to return from a fully extended position. If any log splitter Australia wide takes longer than fifteen seconds, it is too slow
- Choose a splitter Australia wide that runs on an economic petrol motor. Keep in mind when choosing that you also want equipment that is going to be relatively quiet so as not to disturb the neighbours, especially if you’re cutting wood up later in the day
- Make sure that you can actually move the equipment by yourself; some machines are very heavy and would be difficult to move by hand
- Check out the operating height of the main shaft in log splitters Australia wide. If it is too high, this is bad for cutting large logs, but if it is too low it can be bad for your back
- Buy from a company that has a sound reputation. Find out if they offer any warranties on the equipment itself as well as the motors, and whether they are able to provide maintenance services.
Splitters Australia wide are highly useful, especially if you own a fireplace and like to source your own firewood. It is, however, important that you check out the log splitter for sale before buying one to make sure you are getting the best quality.